Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i'm glad..

so, i've been in Liberia for 3 1/2 months now. i'm pretty sure that you're supposed to make a blog before you leave or when you first hit the ground, but i never tend to do things the way i'm supposed to.

so, i thought for my first blog post, i'd get into why i picked the blog of i'm glad you're not ordinary. you can ask my housemates. this was definitely a difficult task in picking, but i decided on it because in all of my travels, i have realised this quote by c.s. lewis to be true. in his infamous quote he says how there are no ordinary people and how the people we talk to are not mere mortals. if you've ever been to Liberia, you will quickly find that these are not ordinary people either. the people you meet are the same ones that as recently as 5 years ago were running from rebels to save their lives. yet, if you only met the people, you would never know it. yep, these aren't ordinary people.

then, i see all the people that have crossed my path, both past and present. and i'm so glad that i'm surrounded by people who are not ordinary and who make sure that i don't settle for such either. i'm grateful that everyone i've met has had an impact on my life. i'm glad that different people continue to teach me different lessons everyday. and...i'm glad that you're not ordinary either.

1 comment:

SR said...

I'm so glad you decided to blog! I won't be on skype for a while. It turns out I'm leaving for Georgia today to be with Mels and her family for a few days. But, on a good note it looks like I have a second interview with that last place I interviewed with afterall. I will have to keep you updated. You're project sounds amazing by the way. When you get back and we can visit we'll have to practice ASL (atleast what I can remember). I took a semester in high school
;-)
Take care and thanks for always being such an amazing friend!
Shannon